CPCS Card (Red)
Our CPCS (A14) - Rough Terrain Masted Forklift course aims to provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of Rough Terrain Masted Forklifts, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests. Operators, supervisors and managers will have a good understanding of the regulations that apply to the safe operation and use of the type of rough terrain forklift for which they are trained.
- Name and explain principle components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Use of the operator’s handbook and go through relevant regulations and legislation.)
- Preparing the machine for travel.
- Travelling the machine over different terrain including rough, undulating ground.
- Manoeuvring progressing to confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Lift and remove various loads up to the full working height of the forklift
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given location.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting