CPCS Card (Red)
The CPCS (A40) - Slinger/Signaller All Duties course has been created to provide both practical and theoretical training for those individuals who would like to work as a slinger/signaller. The course is taught with a mixture of theoretical discussion in the classroom and practical exercises. Assessment is made through both practical and theory exams at the end of the course. It is the perfect course to refresh your skills as an experienced operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of differing types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories.
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per technical data, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Confirm methods of communication with the machine operator and prepare and ready the area of operation and maintain exclusion zones
- Secure and detach various types of load to the requisite lifting point using the relevant lifting accessory and procedures
- Ensure load balance, security and integrity
- Guide and control the movement of loads to different types of location
- Explain the importance and locations of positions of safety for slinger’s and other personnel
- Accurately place loads
- Use and comply with a range of communication procedures
- Provide directions where the machine operator cannot observe the full path of the load
- Maintain safe working situations
- Assess and confirm that the area for machine movement is suitable for manoeuvring activities and contains suitable locations to undertake marshalling duties (endorsements A, D and E)
- Control loads during pick-and-carry duties (endorsements A, D and E)
- Carry out out-of-service and securing procedures