2+ depending on experience
CPCS Card (Red)
This course is designed for those who require a formal qualification in the use of loading and unloading mobile plant. We will conduct a learner analysis to identify the duration of training required for those with limited or no experience, whereas experienced operators can attend a two-day experienced worker course.
- Name and explain principle components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Use of the operator’s handbook and go through relevant regulations and legislation, followed by undertaking all pre-use checks.
- Configure and set for site and public highway travel, loaded and unloaded
- Prepare the area for loading and unloading duties
- Configure and set the transporter for loading and unloading duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures
- Load or direct and position different items of plant on and off a trailer
- Arrange, secure and ready items of plant on the trailer in preparation for travel on the public highway
- Explain legislative requirements for transporting loads on the highway and considerations when planning a route on the public highway
- State requirements to be undertaken when loading and unloading on the public highway
- Prepare the crane in preparation of movement from lifting duties
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the Road Traffic Act requirements