CITA In-house Certification
Cable Avoidance Training Course teaches candidates to use the Cable Avoidance Tool in an accurate and safe manner. This is achieved by both theory and practical sessions lasting around half a day. Courses cater for up to 8 delegates and can be carried out either in-house or on-site (extra charges may apply). The course content covers the potential dangers of cable strikes, an overview of cable avoidance equipment, the various modes, limitations and location techniques of the locator tools.
- Understand the hazards and dangers associated with different utilities.
- Outline the Safe System of Work and planning needed, prior to work commencing and permit to dig being issued.
- Explain the 3 types of detection
- Understand why trial holes are used and the distances that need to be kept.
- Identify the injuries and damaged caused by High Voltage electricity.
- Interpret what information is required for a permit to dig to be issued.