CITA In-house Certificate
This Industrial Forklift Truck course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating an Industrial Forklift in order to enable the candidate to pass the Theory and Practical Tests. The Industrial Forklift course has been designed to provide applicants with a complete practical and theoretical understanding of how to safely operate an industrial forklift.
- Name and explain principle components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Use of the operator’s handbook and go through relevant regulations and legislation
- Preparing the machine for travel.
- Travelling the machine over different terrain including rough, undulating ground.
- Manoeuvring progressing to confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Lift and remove various loads up to the full working height of the forklift and transfer and place loads accurately at given locations.
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle while maintaining safe working conditions
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting