Dependant on Candidate Capabilities
NVQ Level 4
This qualification has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment which means you need to be employed to undertake this qualification. This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work in Controlling Lifting Operations -Supervising Lifts within the construction industry. You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification. This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
- Supervising lifting operations using lifting equipment in the workplace
- Maintaining the dimensional accuracy of the work in the workplace
- Co-ordinating preparation work for site or lifting operations in the workplace.
- Allocating work and checking people’s performance in the workplace.
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace.
- Maintaining systems for health, safety, welfare and environmental protection in the workplace.
- Coordinating and organising the control of work in the workplace.
- Allocating and monitoring the use of plant, equipment or machinery in the workplace.