2 Days (1 Day for Refresher)
CITB Site Safety Plus Certificate
The Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS and SSSTS-R) course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all supervisors working on Build UK sites and provides an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. It highlights legal responsibilities and the need to promote health and safety to supervise effectively. This course is for you if you’re considering, or already have, supervisory responsibilities.
- Understand what is expected of site supervisors, including occupational health issues that arise within the construction sector.
- Have an understanding of how Health & Safety law is structured and how it applies to Supervisors.
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely.
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements.
- Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings.
- Be able to monitor site activities effectively.
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
- What is expected of site supervisors, including occupational health issues that arise within the construction sector
- Understand how the role of a supervisor links in with the role of a site manager when controlling site safety
- How to carry out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understanding the need for proactive and reactive monitoring