CPCS Card (Red)
The CPCS (A09) - Forward Tipping Dumper course will provide delegates with the knowledge and practical skills to safely operate a Forward Tipping Dumper, delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical training under simulated ‘on site’ conditions. This course is suitable for anyone who requires training in operating a wheeled forward tipping dumper or if you wish to refresh or update your skills. It is suitable for those who have received no formal instruction.
- Name and explain principle components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Use of the operator’s handbook and go through relevant regulations and legislation.
- Preparing the machine for travel.
- Travelling the machine over different terrain including rough, undulating ground.
- Manoeuvring progressing to confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area and explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Comply with loading procedures and ensure load integrity and security.
- Transfer loads to different locations and Discharge loads into trenches and over edges
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting