CITA In-house Certificate
CITA’s Abrasive Wheels training course is aimed at anyone who selects, mounts or uses abrasive wheels. The course covers different types of abrasive wheel, diamond blades, pre-use inspection to wheels and tools, hazards, correct PPE, fire control, regulations, correct cutting/grinding techniques and correct selection of wheels.
- Select the most appropriate cutting wheel for the task given form the wheels provided
- Learn how to correctly mount their chosen wheel onto the wheel
- Perform a before use inspection on both the wheel and the tool
- Use of the grinding wheel using the safe system of work given by the instructor
- How to use abrasive wheels in confined spaces
- Daily checks needed on diamond, abrasive and all tools to ensure safe use