CITA In-house Certificate
This course is designed for individuals who would like to become an overhead travelling crane operator and have no previous experience on the equipment.
- Name and explain principle components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Use of the operator’s handbook and go through relevant regulations and legislation.
- Carry out Pre-start checks.
- Preparing the machine for travel.
- Manoeuvring progressing to confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Place and manoeuvre loads while maintaining safe working conditions
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures